Saturday, June 7, 2008

Best Worst (or Worst Best) Inventions of the 20th Century

1) Personal Computer: The good: Allows me to research any topic, anytime, without leaving my house. The bad: I never leave my house.

2) Cell Phones: The good: I'm never out of touch. The bad: I'm never out of touch.

3) Diamond (HOV) Lanes: The good: My wife and I can blow past a hundred cars stuck in traffic when we go into LA. The bad: 99 percent of the time I'm alone in the car, the diamond lane is virtually empty, and the lane I'm in is just crawling along. Where's the justice in that?

4) Big Box Stores: The good: One stop shopping. The bad: No more local retailers. Or employers.

5) Cable TV: The good: 500 channels to choose from. The bad: There's still nothing worth watching.

6) Computer Chips: The good: Reliability in small packages. The bad: I can't fix anything with pliers and a screwdriver anymore.

7) VHS and DVD: No need to go out to the movie theater for a recent film. The bad: No more drive-in theaters showing recent films at discount prices.

No comments: