Saturday, June 27, 2009

I No Longer Have A Teenager...

My youngest daughter turned 20 years old yesterday. My little girl, twenty?

Not just twenty; twenty with a full load in college, a full time job, and a Marine boyfriend who's just landed in Afghanistan. She has a very full plate for someone so young.

Earlier in the week, she saved a life, too.

An elderly woman comes into the store; picks up her prescriptions, and wanders off to do some shopping. A few minutes later, she's on the floor -- no breathing, no heartbeat.

My little girl administers CPR; orders others in the store to call 911; keeps working on the woman until the ambulance arrives.

The woman is alive today because of my little girl. And to top it off, this isn't the first time she's saved a life. All before the age of twenty.

She's accomplished more important things in her short life than I have in my 55 years. I'm awfully proud of that.

No comments: